Sign in to follow this  
richroberts

sub problems!

I have just wired in a new sub, amp and headunit! The headunit works fine, the amp recieves power but nothing from the sub! The only thing im unsure about is the twin rca that goes from my amp to headunit has a little blue lead at either end attached to the rca cables, is this an earth? Is this the problem? all myy other speakers etc are working fine!

from what i can remember the blue wire is a remote wire so you can turn the sub off from the headunit you may have to turn it on from the headunit! also make sure the earth is good! hope this helps!

it was bought of someone but was only a few months old and was working in their car! Checked all the fuses and there fine, just cant understand it!

just make sure everything is connected right! Power cable, rca's are the right way round, blue wire connected to the amp and the headunit, earth securly connected and the wires that connect the sub to the amp are all fine! There must be one thing that you've missed for it not to be working! Hope you solve it!

power to the amp from the battery, earth the amp out, and there is a remote wire (blue) that goes from the headunit to the amp so tell the amp to turn on to stop it draining your battery when headunit isnt on, make sure the rcas are connected, if the following owner just yankd the rca's out then they may be damaged (this happend to me) they are very delicate to being stretched etc so if you have a set lieing around that you know work, then try them. also have you got the gain etc turnd up on the amp? some headunits have more then 1 pre out (rca connections) make sure you have the rca's connected in the correct pre out. what headunit you running as i know pioneers have a setting on them where you have to go in and turn the subwoofer mode on,

simon

thanks for the help, i had a freind with an istall so put his sub in to test and it didnt work,put min into his and it didnt work! So obviously the sub was at fault! Openend it up and it turns out one of the connectors had come off! Nice and easy but frustrating problem!