Sign in to follow this  
snattrass

Convert Non Sunroof Rado to factory fitted Sunroof Rado!

I realise the majority of you have had troublesome experiences with your sunroofs but I'm thinking about a buying rado without a sunroof and having enjoyed using the sunroof on my previous Rado am wondering how involved it would be to convert it to a standard factory fitted sunroof model.

I like to use it more for the tilt than the slide but really don't like these after market glass efforts which to me look tacky. Would I have to replace the whole of the roof panel complete with factory fitted sunroof - that seems to me to be the most straight forward way or could I cut the roof panel to allow the sunroof to be dropped in, which sounds unfeasible?

Maybe it's more hassle than it's worth!

Thanks, Si

To do it properly you would have to fit a sunroof roof and you would have to remove the tailgate front windscreen front wings front and rear bumper and roof rails roof lining interior etc

Then drill out all the spot welds cut the roof off clean up all the flanges spot weld the new roof on seal it up feed the drain tubes down the pillars paint the new roof and then put it all back together

If you couldn't do this yourself then be prepared to spend the best part of 3K

Personally i wouldn't even bother just get a corrado with a sunroof

hth Marc