OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

After many years of VW ownership I have finally found myself a VR6 Corrado. Heres a quick pic complete with dealer plates, stickers and mudflaps. :D

Registered by the supplying Volkswagen main dealer Sidlow Garages, Felbridge, West Sussex in April 1994, the car was supplied to its first private keeper Michael Murgatroyd in July 1994.

Murgatroyd an orthodontist and car enthusiast had been searching specifically for a Corrado VR6 in Satin Silver metallic with the optional black heated leather trim for some time and travelled from his home in Cheshire to view and buy the Corrado.

Murgatroyd cherished the Corrado, maintaining the Volkswagen service history until 2003 when, after 9 years of ownership he finally accepted that Volkswagen were unlikely to launch a replacement sports coupe. Following his retirement Michael reluctantly decided to sell the Corrado.

Sidlow-FullSetfinished.jpg

Edited by OSV

Nice C you have there. It looks very clean and straight, did you add the colour coded front grille? Is it all standard apart from that? 8)

Thats beautiful! Silver is one of my favourite coulours on a C! Not many silver ones around either.

very nice looker there...........wasn't into satin silver C's before but seeing Dan's,JohnJ's and now yours i must admit to starting to like them a lot now 8)

Thanks for the comments, the car is absolutely stock on the pic. apparently the supplying main dealer colour coded the grille. It was the first Silver VR6 with black leather that i'd seen. I had been looking at the dark metallics but couldn't resist this ! :D

Whilst something of a purist at heart I can't leave things alone, I always seem to think I know better than the manufacturers saw fit to supply them as standard. :?

Fine example, I looked long and hard for my satin silver VR6!

Had it for a couple of years now but crashed it last year, view my pics the gallery to see how nice it was then the damage that was caused :-(

Fixed now and still happy after all.

Mine isn't standard, far from it, lots of modding ideas, fill ya' boots!

Chris

super clean car, and really rae in silver too, but I couldn't help thinking at inters that the headlight surrounds just look wrong when colour coded.

Your rados lovely mate, was checking out the rear lamps at inters sunday, done a wicked job of em, looks mint!!

The headlamp surrounds were an issue. The car originally had a colour coded grille with the black light surrounds, which looked like 'panda eyes'. With the black grille added it made the fromt look like it had got a big hole at the front. IMO the light surrounds now help focus the black grille more effectively but I also have a new fully colur coded grille. It quite difficult with such a light coloured car as this area doesn't show up as much on the darker cars. I might colour code the top edge and outer edges of the black grille?

looks much better all black IMO.

what about a grill spoiler or Rieger Grille? do you not like those?

I like them but i'm trying to keep it very subtle and stock looking on the whole. If I go any further i'll end up being tempted to follow in A20LEE's footsteps. 8) and go with the flared arches and wide wheels, which is a look i'm keen on but i'm desparately trying to show some restraint :D

Me too, unfortunatley mine NEED flared arches for the wheels, I've just got to be careful it doesn't end up looking just like Lee's. Expecially with it being the same colour and us being from a similar area too. Not saying his isn't goig to look stunning, I just don't want people thinking I've copied him, what with his corrado being on the scene a lot lnger than mine.

onthe other hand, if I get mine finished first...... :wink: :lol: :-P :mrgreen:

Must say that I prefer the full black light and grill on the light C, colour coding works well with the dark C, but not as well on light ones.

Afraid I will be copying you on the rear light front. Nigel Brookes is sending me my old all red lights from my old G60. Cant wait to pop them on to clean up the rear end.

I'm confident they'll both be v. cool but sufficiently different. Remind me not to look at either car when they're finished. I can resist everything but temptation.

I think a debadged grille (in black) would suit your car well Gareth. Personally I think the headlamp surrounds in black would make it look even better.

Asim

Afraid I will be copying you on the rear light front. Nigel Brookes is sending me my old all red lights from my old G60. Cant wait to pop them on to clean up the rear end.

Brookesy, as OSV will tell you, that method of tinting the rear lights was my idea :o

Asim (met you on the way in with Dom)

Brookesy, as OSV will tell you, that method of tinting the rear lights was my idea

This is true, credit where it is due I would have done it soild red without your advice.Thanks :D I did a slight tweek to yours Asim, once the masking was removed from the bands they were given a final coat of red which tones down the orange still further.