Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

picked up a new us spec bumper today

Today i picked up a new US-Spec font bumper at the dealer ship. After a long search (about 1.5 years) and no chance to find a used one (for cheap) i bought it at the dealer ship. Ordered it yesterday and got it today, wow very fast !!! :D

6WoSvE25.jpg

awM6lrVb.jpg

later style VR6 / SLC bumper :lol:

now its time for a paint job

Nice, what are you going to do, smooth the side reflectors over to look euro?

oh no! Certainly not! i wanted a NA bumper for years so bad!! :D

How much did that set you back all in? Will look pretty cool fitted on a UK C 8)

almost an arm and an leg ... actually too much. But i didnt find a used one for years.

only received one offer for an used us spec bumper for 450 euro, already a lot of holes

in the front and about 300kms away from my home

You lucky so and so :-)

The previous owner of my US-G60 seemed to have had an accident at the front of the Corrado, replacing the bumper with a Eurospec bumper :-( At least he had the sense of keeping the side markers :-)

Tempest

Are there any other differences on the US bumpers Eric? Surely if it's just down to the side reflectors then it would have been easier to cut some neat holes into a euro bumper and then just order and fit the US reflectors into it?

Are there any other differences on the US bumpers

I think the only other visual difference is the US version doesn't have a number plate recess, unlike ours. :wink:

Torsten, you're tryign to say none of us across the pond would help you out? i could have dug up a US bumper... but well i guess then again shipping isn't really cheap but maybe in comparison to the cost of a new bumper at the dealer?

no, there were enough dudes who wanted to help, but there are more than one problem. Finding a SLC bumper in good condition and finding a company who is willing to ship such a big thing for a decent price. actually i think it would be almost the same as getting one new over here at the dealer (Bumper + shipping + taxes) another reason is: will it be still in one piece when it arrive or is it damaged ???