Sign in to follow this  
ValRado

Project Rocco

It was due to this scirocco that I ended up with my corrado, but thats another story!...

Every year we have a track day on the raf base where I work, usually only bikes but this year they have a day for cars too so me and a mate decided to go halves on an old heap to do the day with! After searching through various bmw's, jags etc we decided it would be best to get something that goes round corners! I decided on a scirocco as I have access to various tuning bits and have owned a few in the past.

So.. the hunt was on! Scouring ebay, couldnt spend more than £100 as an aircraft mechanics wages are pretty poor! :lol:

Eventually we secured a C reg GTX for £60, not been run for 2 years, tatty, broken window, knackered injection system etc. Bargain! So off we trot to milton keynes and pick the beast up;

sciroccoontrailer.jpg

Once we got home, did a bit of work, got it running then promptly forgot about it, but collected some wheels, springs, spacers, battery, shocks, etc etc.

scirocco1.jpg

Dragged it down to a gse building in work yesterday and started on the suspension, fitted the wheels, sorted the fuelling, removed the interior.. usual stuff really, encountered a running problem (it stopped running) so changed the metering unit and tried again, this time it started and backfired. Unfortunately it lit all the petrol on the airbox! After a few minutes of running around we got the fire out

afterfire.jpg

and called it a day!

Went down today, fire extinguisher at the ready! Got her running and went for a burn, seems ok although we are fitting a 2.2 audi throttle body, kent cam and a new inlet manifold/plenum chamber. Also need to fit the braces front and rear. But its getting there! Will update the progress as we go along!

(yes I know the wheels are horrible but they were cheap!)

scirocco2.jpg

scirocco3.jpg