Sign in to follow this  
sim0n_parker

electric box thingy in engine bay

right then, fiddling about on sat and i noticed this elec box thing with a clear see through type of compartment lid thing, i flipd it up to find inside was a fuseable link that was blown. :o... i have owned he car roughly about 3-4months now and havnt noticed anything not working etc.

the box is located on a bracket that comes off the expansion tank, it is black and like i said has a small compartment to one side of it that is clear that flips up. its got vag numbers 919 506B stampd on it as well as various others but wen i enterd in to etka it didnt bring anything up.

can any1 shed some light? like i say everything seems to be working as it should. the car is a K reg G60, abs works etc.

didnt want to put a fuse in it incase it turnd some weird "underground neons" on or something lol

chears

simon

oh also noticed that my conlog alarm siren is then bolted to this box thing.. but this looks like it has been added on at a later date to the box thing.

sorry about the use of the word thing but i dont know what else to call it .

simon

It's the fan control unit for the radiator fan. Have you noticed higher than normal running temperatures?? When mine blew (that little thin metal fuse) the temp would go alarmingly high before the fan kicked in.

ahhhhhhh i seeeeee.

wicked thats sortd my fan problem then. :lol: my temp gauge was crap, so i replaced the blue and black senders which improved the running of it dramaticly! so i thought i may aswell do that one as the fan seems a bit lazy.

where can i get a fusable link for that from? looks a bit diffrent to normal links as the holes for the screws are kind of on a 90degree of part.

simon

chears guys!

ahhhhhhh i seeeeee.

wicked thats sortd my fan problem then. :lol: my temp gauge was crap, so i replaced the blue and black senders which improved the running of it dramaticly! so i thought i may aswell do that one as the fan seems a bit lazy.

where can i get a fusable link for that from? looks a bit diffrent to normal links as the holes for the screws are kind of on a 90degree of part.

simon

chears guys!

I just got mine from VW - quoted the part number on the side of the box and they told me which fuse I needed. Will dig out the part number....

Interesting 506 B refers to a unit for towing, or warmer climate or automatic. Any of this ring any bells??

It looks as though the part number for the unit itself is 3A0 919 506 B, but that didn't come from a G60. There are 2 part numbers for the fuse N 017 125 1 and N 017 125 2. I think 1 is rated at 50A and 2 rated at 30A. Have a word with VW and see which one should be used with that control unit.

nope, no tow bar fitted or any signs of one being fitted, not an automatic. and cant really see england being extremly hot.

will get on the phone tomoz and see whats what. chears for the info dude appreciate it.

simon