Sign in to follow this  
Lee1873

golf 3 vr6 brakes

hey guys wonder if anyone could tell me if a set of front calipers from an m reg golf vr6 will bolt straight on to my 1995 corrado 16v if i bought a set of g60 discs?

cheers

Lee

I think they do but i also think that the discs that are meant to be used are 288mm not 280 like a G60. Also I think all corrado's use screw fit hoses on the calipers whereas the later golfs like the one you described uses banjo fittings.

As you can see that was all very vague, as i can't quite remember. There's loads of info on bigger brakes so have a look on the search.

Your best bet if that doesn't work is calipers and carriers from a G60 or an early mk3 golf GTI, either of those will defineatley fit.

So......the only direct bolt on upgrade @ 280mm is an early mk3 golf gti or a corrado g60?

if i was to attempt putting the vr6 1s on i presume the simplest method would be to change the hubs complete then(assuming the splines are the same) which would then mean running 5 stud wheels(no way hos e 4 stud borbets aint going nowhere)

whos got a set of g60 brakes+carriers for me then :lol:

(Corrado) VR6 callipers are the same as G60, so they would be OK for you too, you'd need to get some new 4 stud disks though.

Think there's a bit more work involved than just changing the hub, use the search, it's been covered before a few times.

I was under the impression that it was the later spec Golf VRs that had 288s on and that ones up to about 96 had 280s.. I could be wrong...

I thought so too Goldie, I never remember what years it is (and I never remember what years letter prefixes are on cars either, we don't have it over here)