Sign in to follow this  
corradog60stage4

installation of header wrap

Since I have a Eurosport ceramic coated race headers for my exhaust. I will wrap my headers with woven glass tape to keep the heat as low as possible in the engine compartment and to accelerate exhaust gases.

Here is a 100 foot spool of tape. Looks like i got enough to do the entire exhaust line.

e9240acc.jpg

e9240a82.jpg

e9240a3b.jpg

here are some progress pics

should have wrapped them when I had the headers in my hand.

e91ed9cd.jpg

e91ed8da.jpg

e91ed7c1.jpg

e91ed6fb.jpg

still three more to go.

Good work :D

I'm going to do this myself, probably next weekend, I'm just waiting for replacement exhaust studs/nuts/gasket to come through, and I need a few more of those stainless steel snap straps.

I read somewhere that it's a good idea to spray the insulation with high temp paint so that it doesn't get wet in the rain and then steam as the exhaust heats up... but I think that was for motorbikes!

I'll be taking the manifold (a.k.a. header) off the car to do it though, because I want a nice tight fold without having the frustration of spending hours fumbling in the dark recesses of the engine bay! :mad2: :lol: And because I suspect that it could use a good stiff brushing before I start!

Props though for sticking with it! :salute: