Sign in to follow this  
jonnyboyo

URGENT, URGENT!!!

The rack will fit fine,it's the small UJ'ed colom that changes,22 splines(1991 onwards) opposed to 20 of the older version,try and get matched items off the doner car?.

The rack will fit fine,it's the small UJ'ed colom that changes,22 splines(1991 onwards) opposed to 20 of the older version,try and get matched items off the doner car?.

Thanks for the reply veedubbed. Just to clarify, i bought the rack with the part number that corresponds to a 1992 Corrado off ebay. But mine is a 1990. So does the original rack on my car have 20 splines as opposed to the 22 of a 1992 rack? Apologies if i have totally mis-read your reply!

3CORSAMEAL...Yeah i couldn't resist bidding on it on the off chance it would fit. Hence the urgent post! Could have shot myself in the foot here though! :oops:

Yeah, thats what i was thinking. I priced a rack up for a 1990 valver at VW Cardiff and it was £400+vat. Unfortunately though they were made obsolete 2 months ago. The motor factors are the only place you can get them now.

BUMP for anybody that can answer my original question please :)

VEEDUBBED...what are the matched doner parts i would need to fit the 1992 rack to my 1990 car? :)