Sign in to follow this  
Saint Tricky

Seat rail clips?

Hi

Just taken my passenger seat out to fit new rail clips to stop it wobbling and noticed a clear rubber u shaped bung on one side of the seat but a hole on the other side.

It's to the left of the clip in the photo.

S6000219.jpg

Should I have one on both sides?

Ta

ST

P.S. Don't bother buying clip sets off of eBay, mine are poorly moulded and two of them aren't even the correct shape and don't fit. :(

Hi

P.S. Don't bother buying clip sets off of eBay, mine are poorly moulded and two of them aren't even the correct shape and don't fit. :(

Seconded!

I did get a full refund on the clips though.

Anyway, managed to phone up the stealers and that rubber U shaped thing is only on one side of the seat. Don't know what it does but hopefully in an hour I'll have wobble free seats.T

Fanbloodytastic.

My seats were missing the rubber piece at the front of the centre runner.

Fitted new ones of these and the other clips as well and the difference is amazing.

The seats don't move at all, they are completely rock solid.

And to push the seats forward/backward you have to sit in them and use the strength of your legs, you can't do it by hand when out of the car now.

Another job off of the list, will be down to only 2 sheets of A4 at this rate. :D

T

I've had the same problem after first buying mine. It was quite funny to see the passenger nod with every spirited shift I did :lol:

the rubber block on the side is part of an emergency locking mechanism, if you look at the seatbelt clip side it has a pivot, if you stop quickly or crash the seatbelt clip pulls up and locks into a row of teeth on the seat rail which stops the seat sliding forward, its just a second safety measure in case the seat hasnt been locked into possition correctly or the front catch fails, it will still work without the rubber block but will just feel a bit more slack.