Sign in to follow this  
snattrass

ebay VW Corrado Lowering Coilover Springs

Anyboby tried these on standard shocks on a VR?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK2-3-Cor ... dZViewItem

I know everybody says you should spend as much as you can afford when replacing suspension but I'm only thinking of keeping my VR untill spring summer and just want to get rid of that awful 4x4 look while still retaining reasonable handling so I don't want to spend alot just for the short term. Was thinking these would enable me to get the right height adjustable on my existing standard shocks which are quite new. Any ride quality handling / quality feedback would be appreciated.

If this isn't a good idea what would be a better idea for short term lowering affordably? I also thought about just some eibach springs in the existing shocks (which eiback claim is ok) but am not sure whether the 40mm drop will give me enough as I'm getting altitude sickness just looking at the car height! What's the best way to do this with my short term affordability in mind but still retain acceptable handling, which I realise won't be F1 handling?

Cheers,

Simon.

Have you fitted them? How are they performing? Handling? Ride? Did you fit them to a VR6? Did they lower it much/enough? Any before and after pictures?

Cheers fella.