Sign in to follow this  
TexasCorradoVR6

Shaved Door Handles?

Does anyone know how to do a shaved door handle conversion? :? My door handles both bit the dust, so i was entertaining the thought of getting shaved door handles 8) Pics, estimates, info, anything, cheers everyone!

Will

Will, I have done it, I don't know anybody else on here that has. I think its a terrific mod. No more broken handles, no more pry in damage (worst you'll get is a broken window, before the alarm scares off 90% of the thugs trying to get in or nick it, not to mention the time wasting with "where the f@ck is the handle").

It can get annoying at times tho, as you need two hands to open the door. I have also been told that Corrado doors are heavy with tight/sticky door seals that can prevent the door poppong open as it would on othere cars where you might more commonly see shaved doors. To be honest I haven't noticed this yet, tho I do live in Ireland, and it really doesn't get as hot here as somewhere, say, like Texas. I suppose you could lube up the seals with a graphite spray to stop 'em sticking. Just a point tho to bear in mind before you start.

As for the details, check out my info in this thread.

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=825

and also my thread in the gallery

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1135

I'm also working on tidying up the wiring a bit, so have drawn out circuit diagrams which aren't posted here yet as its still a work in progress. Tho the way it is now has worked without hiccup for the past year.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

keep us posted chuck... this is still top on my list of priorities when i tear down the spare shell for smoothing/paint. 8)