Sign in to follow this  
IrishG60

Winter Advice Please

Hiya... it's my first winter with my G60... and I'm wondering do you experts have any advice for me?

I don't have a garage so she's stored outside... she uses a water pump system to cool the engine etc.. former owner warned me to be careful during the winter that the water doesn't freeze and crack the pump!!

Now that the nights are getting cold I've put a screenwash premix a in her... so no freezing to -16... (bloody expensive stuff though... eats it!!)

Any advice on anything that comes to mind appreciated... do I need to add antifreeze to the coolant or anything do you think?

And that reminds me.. which coolant and brake fluid do you guys use... (bearing in mind we only really have Halfords in Ireland).

All fluid advice welcome... errr... that sounds a bit weird!!! but you know what I mean...

well you've done your screen wash and will keep doing it.

Its a good time to change your RAD fluid. Halfords stuff will be fine. See container for instructions.

Brake fluid - Dot 4

You want G12+ coolant. Any Irish VAG dealer will have it.

One of the few VW things that's still cheap!