Sign in to follow this  
daniboy1_2_3

Few things

What a lovely car to drive this corrado g60 is! I have only owned it for a few days, got it taxed and have been addicted to driving it. I love the low down torque and the way you dont need to thrash the pants off it to really get moving. Its been laid up for a while, the last owner was 75 and his wife told him to buy something more sensible i think, he had a tear in his eye when i drove off the poor fella. Its been well looked after but neglected recently due to his ill health. I have an engine service kit with all of the belts but am still trying to source a charger rebuild kit which is proving more difficult than i thought it would. Looks like i might have to get it from germany. Anyway i noticed that there was some mayonaisse in the coolant expansion bottle and feared the worst thinking cylinder head gasket. I mentioned it to my local vw parts guy who said it wont be the head gasket but the oil cooler that sits under the filter which was a relief. He said flush the cooling system a few times, run the car and see if its still there. What are the chances of it being the cylinder head? Is it physically possible for oil to get into the cooling system anywhere other than the oil cooler? He seemed certain the head gasket would be fine and the oil cooler would be the culprit.

It could be down to small journeys as the oil doesnt get up to temp causing a mayonaise type substance on your filler cap! Im not saying for sure its definately not the headgasket but take it out for a good run up to temp and see if it clears! If its just been sat there for a couple of years then that might be why!