Sign in to follow this  
Rado16v

Wayside St Albans stealer damage my car

Wanted to share this with everyone and warn you!

Dropped the other car (mk4 golf) to the stealers friday morning for a service. Parked outside with the near side on the kerb. I walked around it as I always do to give it a once over and it was immaculate.

Had a call from the service manager saying the car has a fresh hard scratch on the front bumper nearside following a bodywork inspection and whether it was there from before. No way was it there from before. He said he'll check cctv and call back. He called back shortly and said that the cars been traced from the front of the dealership to the workshop and it hadn't been hit.

I couldn't wait till the end of the day to collect the car so left work to see the damge. The damage was a scrape on the near side front bumper leaving white and red paint and a white dust, so couldn't be a another car. It couldn't have happened while it was parked outside as the that side was against the kerb.

The CCTV footage was poor, not showing the entirety of the duration from when the car was driven to the workshop. The service manager said the car was with the technician for 3 mins and it couldn't have happened then. Errr yes, you could wipe out a whole street of cars in half that time.

It's come to my word against theirs. They were cheeky enough to ask if I wanted a quote for a repair!

I asked why all cars were not inspected with the owners present. "Its not our policy to inspect cars with the owners" was their response. Thats quite shocking really, surely it should be to just cover their and cusotmers arses?

Lesson to be learnt, ALWAYS insist on a inspection with the technician before you hand them the keys. I'm kicking myself. :(

I'll be writing them a letter and cc VW.

Avoid these cowboys.

What w@nkers!

When I dropped mine off at the local stealers I made sure they did the inspection while I was there, otherwise, what's the point :?

Absolutely. I don't know what I was thinking.

The VW dealers in Bedford broke my immobiliser a few years ago and similarly wouldn't admit that it was them that did it. I wrote to head office in Milton Keynes and they did sweet fa! The totally backed the dealership and didn't seem to care one little bit about me or my complaint!!

Hope you get a better outcome!

The VW dealers in Bedford broke my immobiliser a few years ago and similarly wouldn't admit that it was them that did it. I wrote to head office in Milton Keynes and they did sweet fa! The totally backed the dealership and didn't seem to care one little bit about me or my complaint!!

Hope you get a better outcome!

Sorry to hear.

Hope I do, but I'm not holding my breath.