Sign in to follow this  
Jaques_G60

Need Help!

hello there. im in desperate need of help. i have a pretty standard g60, and just lately when i go around sharp corners or roundabouts, my oil light flashes and makes a beeping sound. it also cuts out when i come to a stop, although not every time. i checked the oil levels and it had plenty of oil in it. not being a mechanic or knowing the car too well is becoming stressfull. has anyone else had these problems? im hoping it's something simple to fix, maybe a dodgey sensor of some sort. i dont really know.

please help! lol

Hello - the sensors sit on top of the oil filter housing, worth cleaning up these and the wires going to them... if they leak at all change them - also check the battery connectoions are secure!

Oil - what are you using? iff it's not been changed recently I would change it for Silver Synta asap and see what happens - other thing it could be is a blocked oil pump pick up or faulty pump (sump needs to come off to check these)

thanks mate. i will be booking it into my mates garage this weekend and give ur suggestions a try. hopefully it's something simple and quick to fix