Sign in to follow this  
Aus

Steaming up!

I had a tiny gap somewhere on the windscreen seal which I filled with sealant a few weeks back which seemed to stop the wind noise whistle that I had been getting, plus after washing the car/hosing it, I had noticed literally a few drops of water on the driver's side upper trim where it meets the windscreen. This all seemed solved but now, with the advent of the colder nights, I've been getting a condensation problem. Eg. last night was cold with a heavy dew this morning - my front windscreen was steamed up with some condensation at the base by the dash, the side windows were fine, but the back window had a heavy layer of condensation on the inside; indeed, if driving in heavy rain, the back window tends to steam up even if all inside the car is dry. There is no dampness on the carpets, nor any sign that the door membranes are holed. The windscreen seal is a replacement one, but the back window seal looks perfect/untampered and I guess, is the original. The sunroof drain holes are clear.

Could the windscreen seal 'hole' have let water in which has caused a damp problem on the roof which will take time to dry out? Other than that I'm stuck - any clues?