Sign in to follow this  
jimbo-corrado

jimbo's-corrado !!!

were did you get your rear Corrado badges from? are they crome or have you sprayed them? is so with what and how?

Thanks

Regards Sefton

The badge's are from the vw dealer , the corrado one is brushed chrome and only fitted to the VR6 .

The grill and spoiler comes as one peice made by reiger , you can buy them from venom motorsport ( 01254 814444 ) for £95 + vat .

Um - the Corrado badging on the back of my car is silvery as a pose to matched to the cars colour? But, I have seen quite a few VR6's with the Corrado lettering matched to the paintwork before - does anyone know why its so random?

Um - the Corrado badging on the back of my car is silvery as a pose to matched to the cars colour? But, I have seen quite a few VR6's with the Corrado lettering matched to the paintwork before - does anyone know why its so random?

Could be on the Jet they used the brushed badge. Here in the USA late 1993 and newere cars got the badge but now anybody can buy it and install it: http://www.parts4vws.com/catalog/produc ... 853687BGX2

Hehe.. I'll have to buy one of those from the dealership, and replace the badging on our works VW Transporter :D :D :D

Don't think they'd like it an awful lot, but it would be funny :)

jimbo-corrado,

What gas strut have you used, are you using one!!! I like that, could you pass on the details and pictures of the mounting please

The gas bonnet lifter is from http://www.venommotorsport.com think it was £40-£50 , You mount one end of the strut in a hole on the front panel and the other end onto the bonet , making sure it fits along side the washer bottle when the bonet is closed . I will try to sort some better pic's of the mounting brackets soon .

I was thinking of doing blue dash lights along with white dials.

Did that on my MX5 - very neat and glows nicely at night :)

Not sure about losing the dimming ability of the dash lights though - I like dimming it all when doing my long-haul night driving.

Are the normal dash lights white with green "condoms" on (yes, they are called that..), or green bulbs? Could just get blue bulbs if I can, then keep the dimming ability.

Does anyone have a dimmer cable on their stereo loom? I don't. Would like to splice that wire up too but don't fancy pulling the dash apart at the mo...

But yeah, jimbo - as we say down here - PHAT :)

The dash light's are white with a green defuseing strip , the strip could be changed to blue , but would work better with brighter bulbs.

the neon that i put in can be dimmed , but i found that when i did so the rest of the control lights were too dim , so i changed them with ultra white LED's with blue defusers. I also put some extra ones in the center console .

Easy to do - or a pain in the bum?

Where did you get the ultra-white LEDs and a diffuser from?

I noticed the ones in the centre console - I think if I went blue, I'd have to do all the other little lights too :)

They were easy enough to do , just time consuming . The ones in the console were worst cause you have to take the dash facia off .

The LED's you can get from maplins ( you need resistor's to drop the voltage down ) and the defuser you can use blue insulation tape ( works well and dose'nt burn cause LED's dont get hot ).

With the switches you take them apart , flick the green defuser out and replace with blue tape , i found the switch lights too dim so i replaced the bulb with 1.2w ones ( quite a pain to do ).

Hmmm, might wait 'til I get very bored one day then... hehe :D

Curious - whats your view on white dials?

I was going to fit some to mine either white or silver , but was put off by having to pull the needle's off the guages , when you put them back on the guages will never read accurate again !

I thought the latest C ones from Lockwood slipped over the needles though - so there was no removal necessary?