Sign in to follow this  
Howard1778

Bent alloy!!!

I've just got my VR6 looking superb after a respray and I've only gone and driven into a kerb putting a big dent in ome of my wheels. It's an Integral A2, does anyone know if they are made anymore or where I can get hold of one? I've looked on a few websites that claim even bent alloys can be repaired, looking at my pic does does anyone think it can be repaired?

ThanksIMG_0377.jpg[/attachment:5956d]

Wow howard thats a dent....i bet you need your alignment looking at now :( ....i needed a new subframe when i did the same earlier this year. good luck with it.

that looks like it was done with some force!

there are a couple of places that rekon they can fix any wheel, perhaps cosmetically but i somehow doubt they can fix them to the original standard and them keep the structure like a brand new one would, i somehow dont think they would be able to do that wheel but if they can then they must have some skills really! if you can find another one or even if you do give it to them and ask them to prove themselves to you by doing it on the cheap, if they can then they are getting themselves mint advertising and your getting a fixed wheel :p :)

Good luck with it either way mate!

Must admit I was surprised to find the wheel in one piece due to the terrific bang it made. Been to one garage and they reckon the wheel might be ok to repair but should find out for sure on Monday. I'm considering putting the original 15" wheels back but that would require the cost of 4 new tyres. Suspension looks very dodgy as well as the wheel arch above the front offisde wheel is visibly lower.

I've learnt a valuable lesson and that is to concentrate driving home at 3am after a 12 hour shift.

i would not even attempt to repair that wheel alloy is a funny material , thats a really extreme dent

how much is your life worth

I think a damaged wheel is the least of my problems.....had a closer look and the front offisde wheel is bent inwards and upwards which can't be good.

if thats a repair then WOW! does the wheel balance up alright and look/feel alright

or have you done it on the sly and bought a new rim :p