Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Chevvy small block...

Right peeps,i know that my question isn't corrado related but i can't find any info anywere...

Does anyone know which piston is no.1 on a small block chevvy 302ci engine???,seeing as it's a v8 there are quite a few to choose from.

I think that this must be THE only 1970 chevvy camero in the whole of Italy.

I've ordered the Hayes manual from the states but it's gonna take a few weeks to ship :(

The mill's gonna recieve twin turbos...

If you look carefully, you should see that the two banks of cylinders are offset slightly,,,,,it's quite obvious on my Rover V8, possibly the Chevvy block not so obvious, it's always the frontmost cylinder ... usually the right front, standing at the front of the car......are the plug leads not labelled ?

Yeah mate,i thought about the SD1 rover v8 aswell,problem is that the rover SD1 is as rare as rokin horse shiyt,impossible to find here in Rome.

No,the cyl.banks aren't like the Buick/rover v8 mill and the plug leads have no numbers,neither does the dist. cap,just blank circles were numbers should have been...

The firing order is stamped on the inlet manifold so that's already something but without knowing which cyl. is 1 i can't attacth a timing light.

The banks definitely are offset, I promise! Should be by about the same amount too as the big ends on the Rover are, if anything, smaller than the SBC.

Look at the front of the inlet manifold - it's got a zigzag in it to cope with the offset, and the front cylinder on the frontmost bank is #1. As it sits in the car this is on the left hand bank (so if the car is LHD, the bank on the side that you sit on).

hth,

--

Olly