Sign in to follow this  
Fat Tony

Boost gauge fitting

Hi Guy's

I've fitted the above but I'm a little worried about my plumbing. Can someone send me a pic of how they have done this as I need something to avoid the pipe melting. Also what would happen if this pipe leaked whilst driving I'm using fuel pipe tubing (a few psi I'm lead to belive) so it should cope just worried about the connection. I think it has something to do with the breaking but not sure (very poor when it comes to mechanical stuff I'm afraid)

Thanks

I think the best place to plumb the boost gauge to is under the dash. you can go off the vac hoses on the inlet be it FPR or other but theres no need for another hose under the engine or thru the firewall.

If you take the panel off from under the wheel then you can see a hose going to the clocks . this runs from the front of the inlet so..

Cut it and t-piece in making sure the pipes are sealed or you get a vac leak.

jobs a good'n

what i do from time to time is connect a testing boost gauge(high q blitz jobbie) to the t-piece on the front of the inlet where the carbon can was piped in. its capped when not connected to a gauge. this gives me 2 boost gauges so i can test accuracy of mine to the blitz, whih im told is v accurate for a gauge.

Thanks Gazza I currently have it running off that one that is capped if I'm following you. I assume the panel you are talking about is the one under the steering wheel or is it the shelves. What size of T piece (diameter) or where do you get these.

Cheers

you can get t-pieces from local car shops. they are usually with the boost gauge.

yes the shelves are part of the panel. one covers the fuses and the other a continuation to the centre part of the dash

i drilled and tapped my throttle body for a boost gauge take of, this way only reads boost and not vacum which i prefer

Ok off to the halfords with me then. Will take a look and see if I can find the tube first so as I get a good match.

leigh, My boost guage only reads boost. its pretty cool stores the highest boost on your journey which is all I'm really intrested in (charger health). I asked in the past what is the point in the vacume reading but nobody gave a good reason. So I'm with you on that one boost only thanks

more advance shows a higher vac reading or would you call it lower vac....heres an example 6 deg timing= -12hg 7 deg =-14hg(example only)

steveo29, learn a new thing every day :lol: . If this gauge gives up (hmmm life time warrenty) Maybe sick it on ebay(was told this after i bought hindsight eh..). Is there any other way of spotting timing is out other than idle?