Sign in to follow this  
cvw

did bolt up too tight and its now snapped off

hi all, i took my intake mani off my valver to give it a buff and when replacing it there are five bolts that fasten the top part of the mani to the threads on the lower part. it is the third , central bolt that i have over tightened and snapped the thread from the lower. i am presuming that this will affect the vacuum needed for the engine to function properly. any body know how best to fix this and if it aint poss could do with a 50mm lower mani to replace it.

ta

wes

cheers flusted .

jon good to hear from you . family life is good got a son due mid jan so the c is pretty neglected at the mo , haven't driven it for a while . although been cleanin her regularly and doin little tit bits. but i purchased an a6 wagon a couple of months back so trying to save up for a remap for that as it is well sluggish.

wes

sweet sounds good fella you'll get there in the end and congrats for January! You'll need the a6 for the kids anyway and keep the raddo for some quick blasts 8)