Sign in to follow this  
andygal

ABS Light

Hey,

My ABS light is on in my 1994 VR6. Firstly, it came on intermitantly but now, it is on all the time.

I have tried scanning it with Vagcom but all i get is "can not continue - too many communication errors"

Any ideas what could be wrong?? Does it sound like the ECU has water damage?? If so, wher can i get one from and how much??

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Hey,

My ABS light is on in my 1994 VR6. Firstly, it came on intermitantly but now, it is on all the time.

I have tried scanning it with Vagcom but all i get is "can not continue - too many communication errors"

Any ideas what could be wrong?? Does it sound like the ECU has water damage?? If so, wher can i get one from and how much??

Thanks in advance,

Andy

This error is quite common for people using cheap ebay usb vag com cables it seems. Would be worth finding someone who can definitely read abs errors. I see this error every time I try to look at my abs with my cable, yet I've borrowed one that works fine with it. (My abs is still cooked though :( )

hmm fair enough - il swing by VW see if they can stick there diagnositcs on it. Its a £130 lead tho with the full version of vagcom so woul be a it dissapointed if it couldnt read this :(

Cheers again Toad,

Andy

hmm fair enough - il swing by VW see if they can stick there diagnositcs on it. Its a £130 lead tho with the full version of vagcom so woul be a it dissapointed if it couldnt read this :(

Cheers again Toad,

Andy

Hmmmm. You should be able to read it fine then... Try cleaning the contacts on the two plugs going into the pump and those on the abs ecu, see if that helps.