Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Best way to "rebadge"?

Hi all,

In the process of re-badging the rear of my Corrado. It's been smoothed so I've got no holes to use, which is fine - I'm going to just snip off the tabs of any badges I get, and I want to stick em back on nice and secure, but not in such a way that the paintwork would be damaged if I decide to take them off again.

I was thinking about those double-sided sticky foam things, but then I thought that would make the badges sit a bit proud of the bodywork. What about a thin layer of silicone sealer or something like that?

Any input appreciated!

Go to a body shop painting place and they will have the proper adhesive strips in varying thicknesses, some of them are very thin so it wont make your badges stick out. The main problem you are going to have is getting them so sit in the right place, best bet is gonna be get another Corrado and take some measurements to make sure it all lines up....

Badge will be on its way in the next couple..

Ah yeah, actually that never occurred to me! There's a body shop down the road so I'll go and pester them.

If anyone's got a good clear picture of the rear of their G60 that would be marvellous!

Stuck a chrome vw word badge on the back of my golf with proper, superstrong trim tape from halfords. Was not very thick and took some trimming to make it fit and look good. Put up with heat and cold really well. I swear you could have pulled the car along by the badge!

Cheers fellas.

Could someone give me the rough dimensions of the rear "G60" badge? Might bid on one on ebay if the dimensions are 2.5inch by 1inch approx?

that sticky foam is great for badges, i used it on my numberplate though (which is what it says its for on the packet) and it fell off

that sticky foam is great for badges, i used it on my numberplate though (which is what it says its for on the packet) and it fell off

Yeah same thing happened to me when I tried to stick metal number plates on, then I got pulled and fined £30 for not displaying it correctly :(

Anyone got the dimensions of the *front* G60 badge? Just got what I thought was a front badge off ebay, looks like it might be a rear one.

Looks like it's too small for the front because it doesn't fit in the "clips" in the FK grille.