Sign in to follow this  
shanford

overfuelling on g60 please help

i have a 91 g60 and i had a break in the exhaust and i knackerd the lambdo sensor.

I have changed this as i saw that someone in the board hd exactly the same probs as me ..

I have done a compression test on the pots and i have 75 psi in each chamber......

I have the following mods...

Stage 4 jabba supercharger

ported and polished

lightend balanced

mapped and chipped to suit stage 4

stainless exhaust

WHAT pressure should i have in the pots......

I also have a new fuel pressure regulater at the vw shop could that be giving me agg.....

PLEASE HELP AS I WANT THE CAR BACK ON THE ROAD....

After i have changed the lambdo sensor the car runs lumpy and as soon as it gets hot dies and blacks up the plugs and starts overfuelling......

Many thanks wayne ....

if you can help could you give me a call on my mobile nos is 07779791981 :(

Right,if i understood correctly your saying that the cylinders have 75psi in each?what i don't understand is the charger bit?,the charger has nothing to do with engine compression,the charger creates postive press. above atmo.press.,it's a supercharger that compresses the incoming air,the pistons and rings compress the air/fuel.

Check the Lambda wiring and earth,almost always hard and crumbly after 16+years of hot and cold.

Did you remove the ecu's boost sensing rubber hose?,may have been fitted back on the wrong brass nipple on the throttle body,also check the FPR's small rubber hose for cracks/splits.

Change the blue temp. sensor located on the front of the cyl.head or swap over the two harness plugs blue with black temp. sensor.

Co pot been fiddled with?,was it adjusted accordingly when you fitted the re-mapped chip?.

Check that lot and let me know if the car's better.

hi guys..

today i changed my vacuum hose to ecu,blue and black temp senders and my corrado ran like a peach till my concept 600 shut down after giving me 5 chirps....

so now i have to try and get the bloody clifford unlocked which is going to be a nightmare as i have no codes or handbook for the damm alarm...

but she did sound good if only for a moment :( :shock: