Sign in to follow this  
jonny-5

G60 fuel pump

You've got two pumps mate,the 1 in the tank is a small delivery pump that feeds the bigger pump underneath the car.

Get hold of a second hand 2.0l corrado or golf 2 gti fuel pump/filter and plastic housing(the version fitted with mech. injection) and swap them,your intank pump will then feed the big 5Bar+ fuel pump you got off the mech injected car.

As far as i know its the 1.8 16v pump u need as thats what i run and yes it goes under the car just in front of the rear N/S wheel and fed from the in tank pump

Some of the early G60 have only one pump. I've defineatley only got one pump, I know what the the external ones look like as I used to have a valver. How do I wire/plumb in the KR one to work with my existing unit?

Some of the early G60 have only one pump. I've defineatley only got one pump, I know what the the external ones look like as I used to have a valver. How do I wire/plumb in the KR one to work with my existing unit?

Holy thread resurrection :grin:

Im doing this next week, if i tap the external pump into the electrics of the internal pump will this be ok? would i need to uprate the fuse or relay?

Cheers.