Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

MK3 gti cutting out.

Now then i guys, Ive got a problem with a 97 mk3 golf gti 2.0 8v that keeps cutting out. I bought it about 2 months ago to run round in as the rados poorly. The problem is intermittient, you can just be driving along and it will cut out as though someones turned the car off. The ignition lights stay on though. It wont start by bumping it off while your rolling and you have to wait around 5-10mins before the car will start back up. It doesn't do it all the time, it may be o.k for a few days and it can also do it 5 times in one day. Ive had it checked for fault codes and it shows nothing up. Ive replaced the dizzy, crankshaft sensor and coil. Another thing to mention is when it stops the rev counter needle occassionally ficks round. I wish it would just break down completely so the fault could be traced lol. I know these things are sent to test us but itsdoing my nut in. Has anbody encountered this before?

Thanks for your help.