Sign in to follow this  
speedysmartypants

please please help ecu problem

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!! the ecu i had on the way to me got broken in transit.breakers yard has refunded me so i need another.the problem is when the origional ecu packed up i sent it to be reconditioned and the reconditioning company said it had shorted out and would replace the parts inside the ecu for new ones. when it came back put it in the car and nothing happend at all.took it to vw who checked all the wireing and everything that end was fine.a car electrian friend opened the ecu up to find it had been bodged and there was now a hole blown in the pc board.reconditioning company wont do anything about it and i refused to pay them.sent it to another ecu reconditioning company and they said its now no longer repairable.the problem with me getting a new one is im not sure what code ecu i need as the first company took the origional bosch label off and stuck their own on. it says 0 261 200 493/4 021 906 258

i searched the net and found theres a few different codes for a 93 reg rado vr6 they are

Corrado VR6 2.9 litre (ABV) 91-93 Bosch Motronic 2.7 0 261 200 493 - 021 906 258 B

0 261 200 494 - 021 906 258 CC

Corrado VR6 2.9 litre (ABV) 93 on Bosch Motronic 2.9 0 261 203 108 - 021 906 258 AG

0 261 203 109

theres my dialemer.if anyone can tell which one i need i would be very greatfull.even better would be if you had one for me to buy.thanks very much for your time.

I was going to say plug the original into VAGCOM but this probably won't tell you if it's that dead...

A 93 VR won't have a factory imob but we need to know if it's a coilpack or dizzy engine