Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

My battery keeps going flat when using my alarm..

My battery keeps going flat when i arm the alarm and leave it for longer then 24 hours not using it.

i had the alarm fitted by an alarm fitters and the had to fit something extra so i could keep the window closure when i arm my car. the guy who fitted the alarm thinks that because that little unit has a constant feed to make it work, its draining the alarm.

I brought a new battery thinking it might just be a knackered battery.

Ive taken it to a garage, they've done a drop test, it was fine, and also tested to see if anything is using any ampage when the car is armed, there wasnt any difference from the car being unarmed.

Ive taken the boot light bulb out thinking it might be that.

Has anyone else any ideas?

Thanks.

Mine was doing somethinng similar, ended up getting one of those solar chargers that plug into the cigarette lighter off eBay to keep it topped up, now it's garaged I have it connected to a trickle charger I used to use on my motorbike. Does the job.

Is your charging system working properly?

not sure about the charging system.

tried to use jump leads today to get it started, battery was completly dead, no life what so ever. got RAC coming out within 45 mins to see if they can get it started.

turns out there is something draining the battery, found it when the alarm was off!

think it might be the alarm.