Sign in to follow this  
markieshero

16v ignition module problem

Can anyone help? I am having difficulty identifying the ignition module on my 92 2.0 16v corrado.

My corrado won't start! I have been working through all posible reasons for not getting spark, I have replaced the spark plug, ignition switch, changed the coil and now I'm looking to change the ignition module, however I have encountered some dificulty in location a replacement.

There are a couple of ignition modules available on the market however I have been unable to get the correct one. Normally most 16V have Intermotor Part number 150002 module which is a 5 pin module however I would appear to have an odd ball one on mine with 3pins and 2 leads from it going to the ignition coil. The car has the standard round coil, not the square version. I have included pictures of the module to see if anyone can identify it?

corrado1003Small.jpg

corrado004Small.jpg

corrado006Small.jpg

corrado003Small.jpg

go to your local vw garage and ask them at the parts desk....if they are feeling helpfull you'll get all the help you will need. If they dont let me know and you can pass on all the info to me and ill pop into my local and have a word (ive spent quite a bit of time in there recently and they give me part numbers galore...and even let me look through the diagrams on the parts program. let us know how you get on.

I have one of these for sale dude! It was bought 2 years ago when I had some issues. It was fooking expensive (£150+) as it's a dealer only part, that is only available with the coil and bracket - £40 plus P&P

just a thought have you tried unplugging the lambda sensor at the rear mount and see if it fires

had a similer prob thinking ignition was to blame if sensor is gone ecu will not allow car to start

just a thought as trying costs nothing

Having exactly the same problem trying to locate this part.....! Have tried every local motor parts place (and then some!), looking more and more like i'm going to have to hand over £150 to the local VW stealer! If anyone knows a part number for an alternative part, or a stockist for a replacement part? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Got the guy at one of my local spares place to go through any and every part number on the coil and module, and it turns out the module is a volvo part!? I got a generic replacement coil, but has not done the trick. So i think i need the other part of the assembly in the pic at the top of this thread.

Cheers, James