Sign in to follow this  
pete86/2.0l16v

Engine Problems

Hi lads hope you all had a good xmas and new year.

ive got a k reg 2.0 16 v and im having problems with the engine cutting out on me.

The car starts fine everytime n runs gr8 for the first 3 minutes or so but after this time the engine seems to stall n keeps loosing power. i was told that it could be a problem with my idle control valve but i replaced this today and the problem still persists. ive checked all the pipe work n everything seems fine .

Please Help any suggestions will be greatly appretiated.

Thanx

i cant help you on what it might be but ive recently stripped my injection system out of my valver so if you want to borrow/try my old metering head your more than welcome. or any other parts for that matter.

Thanks m8 ill keep that in mind im gonna strip it all down at the weekend so hopefully ill find the cause of my problem jst trying to get a head start on here lol

thanx again

alrite lads im still having trouble with my rado but ive discovered that if i remove the 2 sensors goin into the metering head then the car runs fine but wont stay on tick over! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN LOL ?? do i need a new ecu or could it be wiring or sensors even?

any advice is appretiated .

Thanx Peter

... ive discovered that if i remove the 2 sensors goin into the metering head then the car runs fine but wont stay on tick over! ...

It should be running in average settings for temperature etc. and ignoring sensor inputs including the Lambda if you do this.

From one other 2L 16v I've seen with these symptoms I believe it was a dodgy lambda that was the problem.