Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Forge Intercooler

At the Corrado National day I got chatting to a nice bloke about his yellow G60 (in the show & shine) & the Universal forge Intercooler he had fitted.

Just wondered if he used the site? Or if anyone else could help?

He gave me the dimensions of his intercooler so I could get one for myself, but I don't seem to have them any more.

On the forge site there are 4 options:

Type 1 680 x 160 x 74mm

Type 2 610 x 160 x 74mm

Type 3 610 x 160 x 95mm

Type 4 645 x 160 x 95mm

Does anyone else have any idea which is the biggest one I can get on my G60??? Obviously there will be some customised pipe work involved.

Also regarding pipe work: where would be a good place to get my custom pipe work? Is there a site that sells universal pipes??

Thanks

Dan

my intercooler measures 600mm x 395mm x about 40mm excluding the end plenums. It fills the gap from the chassis to the underside of the front panel and fits in front of the existing radiator. one end of the rad needed to move back about 25mm. Modified from a Volvo with new aluminum ends welded in place of the plastic ones.

from a merc van dealer, got it for £145 brand new. Does need a bit of cutting to make it fit, but for the price you can't complain!

Pipe work doesn't look too bad at all.

That is bloody good! Are you fitting it to a G60 or do you have a 20vT as per your sig?

Do you think you could pass on the contact detail's & part number please mate? This sounds more like what I'm after!

Where did you get your hoses made up?

Do you have any pic's of the pipe work?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the help

Dan

what chassis leg mods did you have to do?

or was the slam pannel moded?

very interesting!!!

do you know the specs of that merc cooler, what psi loos does it have? i have a porsche intercooler on mine, all aluminium great design and has low boost loss and can ventilate as much as 30+ psi

i don't know the pressure rating for the merc intercooler, but if anyone does can you let it be known as I would like to know also. I'll be running 1.3bar through it.

I haven't done the hoses and pipes yet, i only fitted mine last weekend. (mines = 151.jpg)

The specs are 970mm width, 300mm Height, 50mm Depth with 38mm core depth.

The only down point is that is has plastic ends to it, but I've been told upto 1.3 bar of boost they are ok. I may get some aluminum ones welded on at a later date.

To fit it to a C, you need to do a bit of cutting here and there, depends how you mounts it. I mounted it in front on my VR6 rad, the rad I moved back a bit to make room. the headlight + grill panel I cut away quite alot.

have a look at this thread as well - http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4985

hope this helps.

More pics of mine.......

sprinters inter coolers are a biatch to fit "trust me" they are 900mm long and there has to be a comprise on the body work somewhere.. like the pic above where the guys gonna have to run the battery in the boot or somwhere...

download.php?id=2976

ok, s the sprinter one wont work too well then

what is the common best cooler for a g60 charger?

we are working on a complete kit at the monent with all pipework /cooler and everything you will need to use a pacet fan on ours too which frees up some space in the allready cramped engine-bay. the pics of prototypes have allready been posted on here if you do a serch you should find a few...

g-man, how do you get from the charger output to the cooler?

some serious pipework?

If anyone has a pic of the prototype kit, mail me!

Thanks

i have around 20 here but .... no for sale just yet still testing...

Would be very interested in a full kit. Any dates set for the finished article?

Do you have a ball park figure/estimate in mind what the cost is likely to be for one of these bad boys?

we are working on a complete kit at the monent with all pipework /cooler and everything you will need to use a pacet fan on ours too which frees up some space in the allready cramped engine-bay. the pics of prototypes have allready been posted on here if you do a serch you should find a few...

would you be able to post more pic's of it or a link to the thread with them on please?

i have around 20 here but .... no for sale just yet still testing...

Would be very interested in a full kit. Any dates set for the finished article?

Do you have a ball park figure/estimate in mind what the cost is likely to be for one of these bad boys?

i will keep you posted on progress...

g60dan, it was me you was talking to at national day with forge intercooler can sort out part number if you like, quite easy to fit, cost about £250 all in with samcos, but i made my own steel pipes up, although power flow said they would make some up if i took car over to one of their branchs, also i piped mine up without a 180 bend , made quite a difference, a lot more torque, will sort some pics out this weekend if anyone is interested