Sign in to follow this  
kop10320178

whats the book price for a vr6 rado?

hi,

i have a 1994 m reg corrado vr6 with full documented vwsh in red with 136000 on the clock

any idea what its value is?

it was mint until 3 hours ago when someone drove into the side of it

i`m just thinking that the insurance might write it off and offer me less than £2000

thanx jay

Hi mate, guess it depends on a few things but as said before start collecting magazines with corrado's for sale to give the insurers an idea.

Sorry to hear your bad news too! :(

Good luck.

Get copies (ie save) of adds from Pistonheads, autotrader, from this forum and VW mags...

Good luck- be prepared to reject their first 2/3 offers..

as an underwriter who has recently made a total loss claim i would say one of the important factors regarding your payout which hasnt been mentioned yet, is the sum insured of your vehicle at policy inception. i.e. how much did you tell the insurance company it was worth when you started your policy?

Hi Mate,

I'm still arguing the price of a K reg VR6. 1st offer was 1000 - and they stated it is in the terms of the insurance that they go by Glass's guide. After I rejected that offer and sent them prices of current cars on Pistonheads of 3000 to 4000 and that they issued the insurance based on my valuation of 3500. They upped it to the highest price on Glass's guide which is 1600. I've rejected that and currently trying to get it repaired - which i haven't heard from them for a few weeks!

Best of luck......but unless there is an agreed valuation before taking out insurance - there is little that can be done - I think!

I had a similar experience last year when someone crashed into the back of my VR6 while i was stationary at a junction. They offered me 1500 for it as their first offer which i refused and stated there was no way i could replace the vehicle for that amount of money and printed off some adverts for similar condition cars to mine, along with a picture of my car looking particularly good. They then offered me 3k as the second offer which i accepted. Its worth the little extra effort as they'll try to get away with as little as possible.

However i'm still at war with his insurance company as i've not had my no claims back, or any compensation for the time i had to have off work with whiplash as the fella who hit me maintains it was obviously my fault :?

It may take a very long time to sort it all out but it should work out fine in the end!