Sign in to follow this  
bj7115

Gearbox Rebuild

I currently need to get my 16v gearbox rebuilt, can anyone please recommend someone who can do a good job for me.

Thanks, Bruce. :(

im currently having my box rebuilt and peloquin diff fitted by J P Race Shop in Silverstone. From what I have heard, they have rebuilt quite a few 02A gear boxes.

i've got a friend with an integra type-r who lunched his 3rd gear whilst trying to race me in what was my impreza wr1.

he took it to a place called longbridge gearbox centre who rebuilt it for him and replaced all bearings/seals/syncros etc that he needed and it also involved taking the subframe off the bottom of the car in order to get the gearbox out.

they charged him something like £230 all in which i thought was bloody brilliant to just drop the car off then pick it up again ready to drive away. they are based somewhere in birmingham i think and i was pretty impressed with the job they did on my friend's car; put everything back exactly how it should be without breaking anything which is exactly what you want

the number is 01214777744 - longbridge gearbox centre

by the way, as tallpaul says, if you can stretch for the cash, now would be a good time to fit an lsd if you were ever planning to

hope that helps