Sign in to follow this  
joby

Bleeding Rear Brakes

Ive Just finished the Overhaul of the rear Axle bushes And brake refurb and am in the process of putting it all back together :D So whats the best way to bleed the rear calipers, Ive adjusted the piston out as far as not to bind on the discs, Would i be better of dropping the car back on its wheels because of the compensator, and should i use an easybleed kit or just the old method of someone sat in the car pushing the pedal, and what fluid, Dot4 or should i use 5.1?

Cheers

dot 4 is fine

you need to cable tie the compensator valve fully open

id suggest some kind of pressure bleeder...the rears can be alkward to get right

steveo29 Thanks, sussed the compensator bit, The passenger side bled fine with the gunson pressure bleeder but the drivers side wasn`t gonna play ball :? had to get the missus in the car (Only time she`s allowed in the drivers side) to manually bleed it! After an hour or so :shock: and some swearing it slowly started to seep through but i dont think its right! Put the wheels back on and turned it around back in the garage to start stripping the front down as its sorn so can`t really test it just yet...