Sign in to follow this  
bigbluec

Starter Fused??

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if any of you could point me in the right direction for which fuse or relay the power to the starter motor runs through. if it does at all ?

Brgds Bigbluec

No fuse or relay dude, it's on a circuit direct from the battery but does include the alternator...

There is a red / black wire from the ignition switch to the soleniod which gets energised when you crank

Cheers Supercharged,

Can't seem to work out my starting problem, the starter itself work fine but occasionaly nothing unless i unclip the wire going to the solenoid and directly feed a wire to the battery positive.

I've changed the starter switch twice just incase it was a dodgy one but no joy. any further ideas?

the only reason i think the starter is fine is because whenever i put a live wire from battery to the starter it turns over.

Am i missing something?

. unless i unclip the wire going to the solenoid any further ideas?

Hi

This connection is critical. Clean the spade connector and the terminal. Then very carefully put some copper grease inside the cover of the spade connector. Push it on and clean of all excess copper grease.