Sign in to follow this  
lee77

mot failed front brake hoses fitted wrong FIXED IT

:( hi took car for the mot today it failed on

nearside front( not fixed to shock abs properly) brake hose has insufficient room to move, resulting in fouling on any part(3.6.b.4a)

offside front (brake pipe/hose not fixed) brake hose has insufficient room to move, resulting in fouling on any part (3.6.b.4a)

has any one got any pics so i can put this right the calipers are off Audi TT 312mm disc dont know where i have gone wrong when i fitted them last week please help :(

What car is it????

The hoses may not be long enough - the ones you need are off a late MK3 VR6 but this only works if you have a late Corrado where the pipe connection is higher up than the earlys...

The hose should have a grommet that attaches to the shock near where the ABS cable routes and also 2 rubber bushes to stop the hose hitting the inner wing.

hi what age mk3 vr6 golf did you use the hoses for the tt caliper conversion i am going to do this brake mod and am getting the bits together ,

i also have a 94 vr6 i have been searching and its not very clear and most people use goodrich hoses and i am not that bothered with them just want standard hoses any help gratefully recieved thanks

Hey Paul,

You need the Mk3 hoses from the later golf vr6, 97> I think. GSF part no. 65803B.

These don't come with banjo bolts however, so you'll have to sort your own from somewhere with the correct thread pitch.

I found that Mk4 hoses were about 10cm longer than corrado hoses, and after what happened to Karl I didn't want to risk it!

Andy

Hey Paul,

You need the Mk3 hoses from the later golf vr6, 97> I think. GSF part no. 65803B.

These don't come with banjo bolts however, so you'll have to sort your own from somewhere with the correct thread pitch.

I found that Mk4 hoses were about 10cm longer than corrado hoses, and after what happened to Karl I didn't want to risk it!

Andy

my hoses were pretty tight - not overly so, but were as long as they should have been when i did mine.

with the strut fully extended (i.e car jacked up with the wheel up off the ground) there was just enough length on my hoses to turn the wheels lock to lock without stretching/pulling on the hoses.

i double checked the hoses for clearance with the wheels in the normal place with the car back on the deck and there was plenty of clearance - no potential rubbing issues etc

thanks for the advice , i did not want to bugger it all up if the calipers have the banjo bolts already i take it the mk3 vr6 hoses will bolt straight on ,

thanks to all for your help :salute:

as andy said gsf part num 65803B they fit perfect it was karls little brothers rado that i was doing hoses on karl orderd them for him as he knows how scary it can be with the wrong ones on :pale: and yes they fit straight on hope this helps

lee

hi

late mk3 golf vr6 hoses dont fit the tt calipers they were screw in ones , not banjo fitment

someone mentioned mk4 flexi hoses which model they all seem to be the same from 98 -05 , but the v6 ones are different is it the standard mk4 hoses or the v6 mk4 hoses thanks for any help

If you ordered from GSF check that you got the correct hoses.

I ordered 65803B, which is the correct hose, (on my car right now) but as my stored car details were Corrado, they sent me part 65803 which doesn't have the banjo fixing.

I had to re-order the correct ones and put a note in saying to send me the dammed hoses that I'm ordering lol.

I ordered 65803B, which is the correct hose, (on my car right now) but as my stored car details were Corrado, they sent me part 65803 which doesn't have the banjo fixing.

I had to re-order the correct ones and put a note in saying to send me the dammed hoses that I'm ordering lol.

i will try again they definately said they were a late vr6 golf mk3 but they obviously are nt thanks i will give it another bash ,may be they missed the b off the part no.

i will try again they definately said they were a late vr6 golf mk3 but they obviously are nt thanks i will give it another bash ,may be they missed the b off the part no.

all sorted thanks they missed the b off the order so i ended up with non vr6 hoses

thanks for your help much appreciated :salute: