Sign in to follow this  
stuart_16v

How do i remove the instrument panel?

Hello, just ondering if anyone can help me out on how to remove the instrument panel on my corrado? I have a new one to go in ther with the later type red needles, but last time i removed one from a mk2 golf it didnt come out in one piece! Any help is great! Thanks

should be some little covers in the bottom corners that cover screws, these just pry off.

the plastic surround has two screw in the top side that faces down, they screw upwards, undo these and lift the surround out. Putting steering wheel right down helps when getting the actual clocks out, you will see a screw on the left and the right holding the whole unit it.

tilt the top towards you and you shuold be able to reach around the back to unplug it, then it pulls out

not sure if you have already done this job, but i used the wiki on here and it was perfect help in doing the job.

make sure you dont loose a single screw cos each and every one is needed (done up reasonably tight too) to stop the rattles and squeaks when you put the whole lot back together again.