Sign in to follow this  
DanVW

Paint or polish??

I just cant decide :? if I polish it up I will have to do the inlet mani, alt, charger or it will just look really out of place

but then if I paint it I will have to paint the rest too :lol: come on people I need some thoughts anyone got some G60 engine

bay shots of painted or polished engines that may help me make up my mind?

Just painted mine black last week......... looks loads better than the flakey silver and oil effect I had going on before. :lol:

Unfortunally as you said, I want to get at the rest now...... :?

I'm actually thinking about painting mine in the next few weeks, but I'll have the charger out so I'm going to paint that at the same time :lol:

:lol: pics please! Black sounds good must admit I was thinking of either silver or gray but black would require so much less cleaning!! :D

Really like the idea of doing the VW roundal backround in Blue al la 16v KR inlet mani.

:lol: pics please! Black sounds good must admit I was thinking of either silver or gray but black would require so much less cleaning!! :D

That was my thoughts as well.

Will take a pic tommorow and stick it up.

Am also looking for suggestions on ways to tidy up the engine bay so will kill 2 birds with one stone and all that malarky :D

Am also looking for suggestions on ways to tidy up the engine bay so will kill 2 birds with one stone and all that malarky :D

Have you removed the carbon canister or boost return? Am going to attempt a de-clutter at some point soon as she will be off the road while I take the front end off.

carbon canister gone as its bound to be shot after 170,000 miles and leaves a handy hole for air to get to the filter. Will at some point fit a snorkle from the front bumper up to it. Boost return, I have been told and read here that it givs no real benifits and that you have to remember to lube the charger. I am the most forgetful person in the world and would prob cause it to disintigrate................ :(

Tidying up the engine bay of a G60 is a near impossibility :lol: , looked long and hard at mine and realised it will always look untidy, spruced it up with a few shiny items and re-wrapped wirting etc but it will always look messy

Yeah have rewrapped the wiring and its helped but not alot. I have quite a bad case of tinworm on the battery tray as well. :(

Could do with some shiny bits. Have lost one of the black top mount covers as well so she does look a bit shabby........ :?

It would look a lot tider with a 20v turbo in there :lol: but have to agree its never going to look neat and orderly in there!

It would look a lot tider with a 20v turbo in there :lol: but have to agree its never going to look neat and orderly in there!

2.0 fsi turbo...........................................................

I wish. Maybe the cornish pixies will come adn do it one day :lol:

Just spotted your from Hayle I got my 16 GTi from a bloke down there a few years back when I was living in Plymouth, small world! :)

No longer there................. Was in st ives then opened a bar in hayle. Still got that but have moved back to the inlaws in redruth to save some pennies for a house.....

Must update my info :lol: :lol:

See said I was forgetfull :lol:

Very nice! I like that a lot, think I am going to go with paint just need to get hold of some etch primer and decide on a colour now :lol: