Sign in to follow this  
Wub

2.0l bottom end

Hi, I have a 1.8 16v 1991 C, currently producing 152BHP as a recent rolling road print out from stealth racing shows. I'm considering putting a 2.0l bottom end on the 1.8 head. Does anyone know how much i might gain from this and whether it would be worth my while.

Thanks

It's about in proportion to the capacity increase (10%), so you'll get something like 140lb/ft torque (from what it was, around 125) and another 10-15bhp roughly, possibly a bit more.

It doesn't change the nature of the 16v, and with the same cams you'll still have the 4000rpm 'on-cam' feeling, but you do get more grunt throughout the rev range which makes it nicer to drive.

I had heard something like that, i was thinking about it for a while. I have a 2.0l engine for the car and wasn't planning on going as far as to uprate the cams. I find lower in the rev range there's not an awful lot of grunt, seems like you have to wait for it to get going, once it gets going though its gone. The c is an awsome driving experience.