Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

A bit of Sherry anyone ?

Just been a lovely day today so any excuse for a couple of fresh shots.

Ah yes, good old Seaton Sluice. Wonderful on a sunny day. I hope you popped round to Crescent Cafe in Deleval to get the young 'un an ice cream.

Just been a lovely day today so any excuse for a couple of fresh shots.

Ah yes, good old Seaton Sluice. Wonderful on a sunny day. I hope you popped round to Crescent Cafe in Deleval to get the young 'un an ice cream.

Spot on there, i guess you're not originally from Surrey then?

Indeed I'm not - 2 years in Wideopen, 29 years in Monkseaton, 3 years in Surrey. Was back there at Easter watching the Toon beat Fulham. The accent has mellowed a bit since I've moved down south, but I'm still a Geordie :)

Indeed I'm not - 2 years in Wideopen, 29 years in Monkseaton, 3 years in Surrey. Was back there at Easter watching the Toon beat Fulham. The accent has mellowed a bit since I've moved down south, but I'm still a Geordie :)

There all over the place these bloody geordies :lol: You would have probably seen me at the match then, i was the one with the ' toon army ' top on :clap:

Hope you are getting regular trips back up then to recharge that fantastic accent of ours.

By the way i've always loved white VR's which is strange because generally i think the darker colours suit the lines better.....but there's something about white ones :luvlove:

There all over the place these bloody geordies :lol: You would have probably seen me at the match then, i was the one with the ' toon army ' top on :clap:

Hope you are getting regular trips back up then to recharge that fantastic accent of ours.

By the way i've always loved white VR's which is strange because generally i think the darker colours suit the lines better.....but there's something about white ones :luvlove:

I agree, the lines do look better on a dark Corrado. However, whenever I go past a shop window in my white car, it looks terrific - especially when I've got round to polishing my rims.

:clap:

Love the colour and it looks great condition, well done for finding it :)

Thanks Jules, yeah i'm loving the colour aswell now we've had a few sunny days, thats definately where its at its best !!

Bit of a strange one like today tho, i had a proper look at the sticker in the rear panel & according to the paint code on there its 'LP7Z' which is a 1991 grey colour :scratch: But i'm sure someone else on here found exactly the same as me but after a discussion with VW it was confirmed to be a sherry pearl !!

All in all i definately think it was worth the full 14 hours it took me to get over to north Wales & then back over to Newcastle with it tho' :D

Have you still got the wheels for sale??

No mate, just leaving them for a bit while my speedies are getting refurbed, they've actually grown on me tbh aswell

Just fitted my ne FK badgeless grille with brand new sparkly VR6 badge to go on it, opinions on either grille are welcome....not sure myself :scratch:

Debadged grille looks good, your not Welsh though mate, lose the plates.... :)

You ain't german are you ??

Got some on order aswell :lol: