Sign in to follow this  
d4nnyboy

Starting Problems

Hi all,

Just purchased a 1994 2.0 16v and have a starting problem which i need help with please.

Car has laserline 996V3 immobilisor system on it (dont know if this is the cause but thought i would mention it)

When I go to start it the engine turns over fine, car fires and starts up but then just dies as though the fuel has been cut. Will start again straight away but again only for 2 seconds and then dies.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what this could be? Last owner said she parked it up 3 weeks ago and it was fine.

thanks in advance

Danny

Sounds like vacuum leak, check all the small pipes coming out from the airbox area, around the brake servo.

An immobiliser shouldn't allow a car to start, at least the Toad ones don't, i could be wrong with the Laserline style immobs.

Fixed it !!!

Had the AA out who said it was either the key needed recoding or the transponder.

VAG came out and blamed the alarm/immobilisor.

Called a mate who swore blind I needed a new ECU

......... and all the problem was - fuse 16 was blown!!

Thanks for your help on this one - just need to get the car back up to tip top condition now. :shock: