Sign in to follow this  
yeti

Best rear subframe bushes for VR??? HELP PLEASE

Well i got the C back from its major service the other day from the TT shop and... :( as well as having needed all new brake lines it needs a new front arb and more importantly.... the rear bushes are, quote '... the worst we have ever seen..' :(

so they are very willing to take the car back to put the bushes in for me (love to do it myself but can't at the mo) but the problem is that they cant put new standard bushes in as its apparently too dificult but can put poly bushes in :? i have polybushes on the golf and it rattles my teeth out, can anyone please advise the best alternative to standard?

I have Weitec Hicon GT's and now have Weitec front and rear arb's (on there way from G-werks atm 8) ) and i need the car to be compliant as i do 400+ miles a week

cheers guys

Andy

i've always been told that standard is best for the rear Andy.. surely with proper tools they must be able to do them?? :confused4:

oh and how much did your new brake lines cost to do if you don't mind? it was on my advisory last year so I don't suppose i've got too much longer before they're needed......... :(

i've always been told that standard is best for the rear Andy.. surely with proper tools they must be able to do them?? :confused4:

oh and how much did your new brake lines cost to do if you don't mind? it was on my advisory last year so I don't suppose i've got too much longer before they're needed......... :(

yep thanks baron and john, i want new stadard ones, a friend of jon's (vwdevient) can do them but he's about 50miles away and doesnt work weekends so i'd have to take it over on a weekday :? guess i'll have to start ringing round locally

o and the brake lines were quoted at 3 hours labour (172.50) + £40 of materials as they made them from scratch but they apparently took 5 hours to do and lots of swearing! they charged the quote figure which was good as they had more than that from me for the full service and stuff and were going to get the job of doing the rear bushes and slinging the new front and rear ARB's in whilst they did it (another 172.50 + parts which i will supply)

cheers, i guess thats what i was worried it would be!!

good luck finding someone though, sounds a bit of a pain :scratch: