Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

oil pressure switch

hi

have done a search but cant seem to find what thread the oil pressure switch is , i want to fit a oil pressure sender unit and want the correct thread for it

thanks in advance .

M10 x 1

it's a standard VW/Audi/Porsche 924/944/saab etc. type sender and thread, all the standard VW oil pressure switches are the same, as that's where the gauge senders screw into too.

How much are these from the dealers (the switches) as my Golf ones are past it. Ive been through all this with the Corrado but dont have my folder up North..

How much are these from the dealers (the switches) as my Golf ones are past it. Ive been through all this with the Corrado but dont have my folder up North..

not sure but GSF do a fair few of them for only a couple of quid each (not gauge senders BTW)

I've got a fair few spares from scrap yards (just in case) as they're used on so many VAG engines.

Nice one David, its not the gauge ones i need, im getting touble for painting my dads drive so id best get them changed...

Did the VR ones last Nov, as they sprung a rather large leak. Think they were about £8 each from my local dealer.

I noticed quite a bit of oil on the floor after you left the AGM, but thought NAH that won't be your Golf :lol:

My VR did the same, on the way back from Stonor it dropped all its oil (i just caught it in time) and it took another 10 litres to limp home. Needless to say its the best oil flush its ever had and everything is sweet as a nut but i still didnt enjoy the experience..

Fraid that would have been my Golf Dave, its been marking its spot since i got it and just kindo of havent got around to it, along with the windscreen, clutch.. :)

M10 x 1

it's a standard VW/Audi/Porsche 924/944/saab etc. type sender and thread, all the standard VW oil pressure switches are the same, as that's where the gauge senders screw into too.

thanks for that much appreciated :salute: