Sign in to follow this  
james_c2

whats involved in kr exhaust to inlet cam

looking at getting a bit more power out of my corrado without spending loads as its only meant to be a temp daily untill i get the rest of the money for a g60

looking into using my spare exhaust cam as the inlet cam, what mods are needed to carry this out??

also what kind of power would be expected or a kr with 50mm inlet mani, wur mod, k+n pannel filter and cam mod

cheers james

you need to re-cut a keyway to move the drive gear on the ex cam into the correct timing position and hack off the cam pulley end section.

I'd imagine you could get a few more hp from tuning up the engine with the slightly higher lift inlet, but once you start going for higher lift cams you really need the headwork to match. if you're talking real world BHP at the wheels think around 110 bhp for a standard 1.8 valver and possibly 125 with headwork, another 5-10 bhp from increasing the displacement to 2L. rolling road plots can show wildly varying figures for those sorts of mods and those sort of at the wheels figures, people will quote you anything from 150-180bhp, but in reality it's closer to what I've said above.

I see theres an exhaust cam on ebay. listing states that members of corrado forum can get the chainwheels.

I used to be able to get them but the guy who did them for me doesnt have the correct tool to re-cut the chainwheels anymore.

Lift for each cam

9A Inlet 8.9mm

KR inlet 9.6mm

KR exhaust cam 10.2mm

ABF inlet 10.6mm

Im using ABF cams now as the more lift is best suited for forced induction