Sign in to follow this  
yeti

VR6 Rad Fans Failed???

Hi whilst driving back from work i heard a strange noise and pulled off and checked the engine, the fans were moving only by inertiaq even though the vr had been running for 20mins and the oil temp was about 98 and water was 90, thought, o shit i'm only 15mins from home on country roads, i'll take it easy and get home witht he blowers on blowing as much hot air as possible.

Ran the car to work again this morning to check the problem was still there, it is, and the oil temo is staying around 98-100 yet the water seems to have dropped between 70-80- even after a 40min journey,, i've checked the fuses and connections can anyone advise is this is a common problem?? :(

cheers

andy

Don't really understand what your trying to say is the problem from your post?

Have the cooling fans actually stopped working?

Are you still running the cabin fan on full blast/hot on your drive to work this morning? - that would explain the low coolant temperature.

You need to let the car idle with the cabin fans off to see if the cooling fan is cutting in.