Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

312mm calipers and clearnace

Ive just fitted my new 8x17in ET35 with 205/40/17's. I had to fit 5mm spacers to clear the front brakes as they were rubbing on the carrier section closest to the wheel centre.

The extra 5mm seems to be causing a little rubbing at the front and im not a fan of using spacers

I am hoping to fit 312 front brakes in the not to distant future but my question is what are these like in terms of caliper clearance compared to my 288mm? Will I need bigger spacers, if I will then the wheels will have to go as I cannot stand rubbing.

Hi you will need 6mm spacers and m12 x 40 x 10.8 metric bolts

E C Pitcher 01922 622523

he will sort you with bolts mate.

Ive just fitted my new 8x17in ET35 with 205/40/17's. I had to fit 5mm spacers to clear the front brakes as they were rubbing on the carrier section closest to the wheel centre.

The extra 5mm seems to be causing a little rubbing at the front and im not a fan of using spacers

I am hoping to fit 312 front brakes in the not to distant future but my question is what are these like in terms of caliper clearance compared to my 288mm? Will I need bigger spacers, if I will then the wheels will have to go as I cannot stand rubbing.

if your fitting 312s they sit 6mm further in so you should be able to do away with your spacers on the wheels as the disc offset is different on a 312 that why you need to use 6mm spacers on the caliper bolts and longer bolts.