Sign in to follow this  
pete_griff

exedy clutch from the states - anyone experienced these?

i've been looking at an exedy clutch for sale in the states and it's pretty bloody cheap for a performance clutch.

- item number; looky - 150244485765

i was going to buy a fidanza flywheel off the same guys (gripforce).

has anyone had any experience of these exedy clutches before?... (i have heard of them before, but that's about it)

personally i'm a massive advocate of helix, but being as this one is so cheap, i think it's worth a look. it will cope with the torque of my r32 engine as it will be running nearly standard; just with a bmc, manifold/cats and a remap - probably IVO 270bhp... so the clutch should cope as it can take 300 ft/lbs and as standard the mk5 r32 puts out 236 ft/lbs.

any further info anyone could give me would be really appreciated. i've asked gripforce if the clutches come properly balanced from exedy and i'm currently waiting on a reply. (i can get it balanced obviously, just wondering if it came that way).

eagery waiting to hear what you gents have to say.......

cheers

has nobody on here got an exedy clutch? you can get them in the uk as well, just they are cheaper to import from the states.

if anyone knows anything about them, some input would be really appreciated...

hiya i have heard of them befofre but that was always in reference to japanese cars, drift cars, etc, when i used to read 'japanese performance' magazine, maybe have a look on one of the forums? sorry i cant be more help but its a start!

cheers for that - i knew about that; a friend had an integra type r and was thinking about getting an exedy for that, but unfortunately didn't in the end.

i have to confess i only found out the other day that they don't just make things exclusively for jap stuff.

i have heard some good reports on them, but looking on their site, their pressure plates look so much cheaper than the helix equivalent - it's a job to know if they are worth it, unless i can talk to someone who has used one...

thanks again all the same :thumbleft: