Sign in to follow this  
R1chy99

Engine swap finally completed and bring on a new leak!

Thought I'd add some new pics as I've had the car for 6 months now. Haven't done a lot noticable just the usual bit of niggle fixing. I am, however quite pleased with the way it's polished up & the £40 Ebay wheels..... Oooh you gotta love a bargain.

Rich

312mm brakes to go on next, just have to figure out how :?

13062008362.jpg

13062008363.jpg

13062008361.jpg

13062008364.jpg

13062008360.jpg

13062008357.jpg

So when are you putting up the polished pics? :norty:

Seriously though, it looks pretty! Good work. Well done on the bay bargains too :grin:

looking very nice Rich,

the brakes are very easy to fit mate, if you get stuck let me no ASAP. I have done the 312 conversion about 8 times.

Ha ha that was next on my list of thingies to do.... PM you to say they've arrived safe & sound. Maaaaaaaaaaaan that was a heavy box though, courier dude parked at the end of the street and carried them to where I work, he was regretting that by the time he got there.

Thanks though :D

Ha ha that was next on my list of thingies to do.... PM you to say they've arrived safe & sound. Maaaaaaaaaaaan that was a heavy box though, courier dude parked at the end of the street and carried them to where I work, he was regretting that by the time he got there.

Thanks though :D

what a wimp :)

Yeah it seems pretty good, came with a crackin' instruction DVD..... 2 hours of some dude polishing cars, my girlfriend was SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about watching that :lol:

Well, thought I'd start to update this bit as it's been a while and I'm all excited as I'm back on the road again afeter just over 2 months.

150,000 mile engine out - 79,000 mile engine in, replaced timing chains & all the other associated gubbins

New Clutch

New set of leads

6 branch manifold

BMC CDA

312MM Brakes finally fitted

I'm LOVING it again!

Will do some pics after I've managed to clean it but the brakes are Soooooooo much better.

Big thank you to the guys at RK Engineering for not saying "I told you so"

Ooooh and I've just bought a Passat V6 4Motion Estate.... Anyone had any experience of them, picking it up on Saturday 'cos I thought it would make a nice big brother for the 'Rado