Sign in to follow this  
officejunkie

wobbly gearstick

Hi guys - im a bit of a newbie - nice site and hope to get to know you all a bit better!

shame my first post is a problem - but i bought a car with a few issues, while i have sorted / in the process of fixing the other issues i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

btw . i searched and searched some more but couldnt find the answer!

I have the wobbly gearstick on my corrado G60. After having a good look - seems that I'm missing the circlip which holds the plastic part on to the shaft I was wondering if anyone knew what size circlip i need so i dont have to guess? and this might sound a bit dumb but wheres the best place to get one? the dealers? or shall i try somewhere like BnQ?

regards

Nas

it depends on the year, some gearlever pivots have a protruding centre point that a redesigned circlip (with a corresponding hole in a centre tab) clips onto, others are a plain old circlip with no extra centre tab, for the latter just measure the diameter where it clips on, not that they'll be much from VW anyway.

hi david cheers for the reply mate.

its a 1991. It doesn't look that fancy its a groove on the end that stops the black plastic bit coming too far along the bolt.

so it looks like ill have to go to dub dealer at one point then! when i find out what size it is ill post up for the benefit of anyone else looking for it. problem i have is that they shut before i finish work.. i might get lucky at B&Q its only a circlip at the end of the day..